The Clerk’s Office provides Morris County Identification Cards for veterans and senior citizens. They are perfect for those who may not have a driver’s license or may just want an additional form of identification. Veteran’s ID Cards can also be used as a way to enjoy discounts at many participating Morris County businesses. These cards are used for identification purposes only and may not be accepted by certain agencies that require a state ID such as a NJ Driver’s License or Non-Driver Identification Card.
- Senior ID Cards (55 and older)
(Age 55 and older only)
1. To obtain a Morris County Senior ID Card, you must prove your citizenship or legal status by presenting one (1) of the following:
- U.S. Birth Certificate (must have official seal and filing date from the municipality or state in which you were born)
- Valid U.S. Passport
- Naturalization Certificate/Certificate of Citizenship
- Permanent Resident Card
2. You must prove your identity and Morris County residency by presenting a valid New Jersey Driver’s License, New Jersey Non-Driver Identification Card OR two (2) of the following:
- Valid Library Card
- Voter Registration Card
- Auto Registration
- Work ID with recognizable photo
- Social Security Card
- Health Insurance Card
PLUS a recent mailing (within 6 months) to your home address in order to establish Morris County residency
FEE: $15 cash, business check, certified check or money order payable to “Morris County Clerk”. We can no longer accept personal checks.
Cards are issued by the Morris County Clerk’s Office for identification purposes only.
- Veteran's ID Cards
To obtain a Morris County Veteran’s ID Card, you must provide the following:
- One form of identification proving Morris County residency
- Original or certified copy of the long form discharge document, such as the DD 214
Please note: If there has been a legal name change from the name found on the discharge document, a certified copy of the legal name change document such as a marriage certificate or final judgment from the court, will be required.
We cannot accept discharge certificates, only long form separation documents.
The discharge document will be permanently recorded and returned to the veteran.
This service is free of charge for all honorably discharged Morris County veterans in appreciation of their service in protecting our citizens and our country.
Veteran’s ID Cards issued by the Morris County Clerk’s Office are for identification purposes only and are not intended to replace the federal Veteran Health Identification Card (VHIC) needed to access Veterans Affairs health benefits or other government programs.
To obtain either type of Morris County ID Card, visit our office any time from 8:00am – 4:30pm, Monday through Friday.
For more information, please call 973-285-6122 or send us an email.
Morris County residents, ages 18 – 54, may obtain a Morris County Identification Card through the Sheriff’s Office. Please visit their website or call 973-285-6600 for more information.