General Election Candidate Lists
The list of school board candidates for the upcoming General Election is now available! Click here to see who will be on the ballot in November!
Important Message Regarding the New Statewide Vote by Mail Law
Effective August 28, 2019, P.L.2019, c.265 was enacted requiring County Clerks to send Vote by Mail Ballots for the upcoming November 5, 2019 General Election to all voters who voted by mail in any election in 2017 or 2018. Please be advised the law also requires the County Clerks to automatically issue Vote by Mail Ballots for all future elections to all voters who voted by mail in any election in 2017 or 2018 unless the voter informs the County Clerk in writing that they do not wish to receive a Vote by Mail Ballot for all future elections.
Please be advised that the statutory deadline for mailing the 2019 General Election Vote by Mail Ballots is September 21, 2019. Any opt-out forms or letters that are received after the cutoff will take effect after the General Election.
It is important to remember that, according to State law, any voter who receives a Vote by Mail Ballot will not be permitted to vote on a voting machine on Election Day. Voters will either have to utilize the Vote by Mail Ballot they receive or vote on a paper provisional ballot at the polls on Election Day.
I apologize for any inconvenience these changes may cause you, however, we must comply with the new State law.
If you have any questions about the Vote by Mail process or about the new law, I encourage you to contact my Elections Division at [email protected] or 973-285-6066.
Ann F. Grossi, Esq.
Morris County Clerk
Election Night Reporting Website
What We Do
- Receive Mail-In Ballot requests and process them
- Send out Mail-In Ballots
- Offer in-person early voting for all elections in the County, along with extended hours on certain days prior to Primary and General Elections
- Design and print Mail-In, Emergency, Provisional, Voting Machine and Sample Ballots
- Distribute petitions for county and local offices, State Committee, November School Board candidates, Independent candidates and County Committee
- Collect petitions for county offices, November School Board candidates, State Committee and Independent candidates
- Tabulate election results on election night
- Certify the election results to the NJ Division of Elections
- Assist in the process of filing Financial Disclosure Statements that are required for certain public employees and officials
- Work closely with the 39 municipalities in Morris County and the Board of Elections to ensure that the entire election process runs smoothly
- Mail-In Ballot Application
- Spanish Version Mail-In Ballot Application
- Mail-in Ballot Opt-Out Form
- Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) (for all military and citizens living outside the U.S.)*
*Email FPCAs to [email protected] or fax to 973-285-5233
- Primary Election Candidate Petition - County
- Primary Election Candidate Petition - Municipal
- General Election Candidate Petition - Independent