PLEASE READ – Elections Department Closing to the Public Until Further Notice
Due to concerns over the Coronavirus (COVID-19), the Clerk’s Office Elections Department is closed to the public except for certain circumstances until further notice. Please contact the office at 973-285-6066 for further details.
Please read this press release for complete information.
Notice Regarding the November 3, 2020 General Election
Governor Murphy’s Executive Order #177, signed on August 14th, mandates significant changes to the November 3rd General Election because of COVID-19 public health concerns. Executive Order #179, signed August 25th, contains several revisions to Executive Order #177.
Please read the full statement from County Clerk Ann F. Grossi for detailed information on how the 2020 General Election will be conducted.
Mail-in Ballots will be mailed to all registered voters no later than October 5th. Please read these instructions on how to vote by mail and ensure that your vote is counted.
Click here to view the list of ballot drop boxes conveniently located throughout Morris County.
Our office has been receiving many questions concerning the notation of party affiliation on Primary Election Mail-in Ballot envelopes. These will not appear on the General Election envelopes. Please read this full statement for more information.
County Clerk Ann Grossi assures voters that the election will be conducted in full compliance with all applicable statutes and laws and that her duty to certify the results of the election will continue to be upheld.
General Election Ballot Position Drawing
The recording of the live streamed ballot position drawing for the November General Election is available on our Facebook page!
Click here to view the candidate slips used during the drawing.
General Election Candidate Lists
Election Night Reporting Website
What We Do
- Receive Mail-In Ballot requests and process them
- Send out Mail-In Ballots
- Offer in-person early voting for all elections in the County, along with extended hours on certain days prior to Primary and General Elections
- Design and print Mail-In, Emergency, Provisional, Voting Machine and Sample Ballots
- Distribute petitions for county and local offices, State Committee, November School Board candidates, Independent candidates and County Committee
- Collect petitions for county offices, November School Board candidates, State Committee and Independent candidates
- Tabulate election results on election night
- Certify the election results to the NJ Division of Elections
- Assist in the process of filing Financial Disclosure Statements that are required for certain public employees and officials
- Work closely with the 39 municipalities in Morris County and the Board of Elections to ensure that the entire election process runs smoothly
- Mail-In Ballot Application (Spanish)
- Mail-In Ballot Application (English)
- Mail-In Ballot Instructions (Spanish)
- Mail-In Ballot Instructions (English)
- Mail-in Ballot Opt-Out Form
- Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) (for all military and citizens living outside the U.S.)*
Primary Election Petitions
- Candidate Petition – County Offices
- Candidate Petition – Municipal Offices
- Municipal Office Signature Requirements
- Candidate Petition – County Committee
- County Committee Signature Requirements