2021 General Election Candidates Lists
Click here to view the candidates for the November 2, 2021 General Election. Please note that we are still waiting on state certification for statewide independent candidates.
School Board Candidate Petition Filing Deadline – July 26, 2021
Please note that the school board petition filing deadline is July 26, 2021 at 4:00pm. The NJSBA’s Candidate Kit provides vital resources, nominating petitions and links to important websites for anyone considering running for their local school board.
Changes to Requirements for Municipal Committees
Morris County Clerk Ann F. Grossi, Esq. would like to advise that requirements for Municipal Committees have changed with the passage of New Jersey Assembly Bill No. 5725. Prior to the passage of this bill, the annual meeting of each County Committee was required to be held on the first Tuesday following the certification of the election. This is no longer applicable.
The new law stipulates that the annual meeting for members of the municipal committee to take office shall be scheduled by the third Saturday following the certification of the results from the Primary Election.
Track Your Mail-In Ballot
Election Night Reporting Website
What We Do
- Receive Mail-In Ballot requests and process them
- Send out Mail-In Ballots
- Offer in-person early voting for all elections in the County, along with extended hours on certain days prior to Primary and General Elections
- Design and print Mail-In, Emergency, Provisional, Voting Machine and Sample Ballots
- Distribute petitions for county and local offices, State Committee, November School Board candidates, Independent candidates and County Committee
- Collect petitions for county offices, November School Board candidates, State Committee and Independent candidates
- Tabulate election results on election night
- Certify the election results to the NJ Division of Elections
- Assist in the process of filing Financial Disclosure Statements that are required for certain public employees and officials
- Work closely with the 39 municipalities in Morris County and the Board of Elections to ensure that the entire election process runs smoothly
- Mail-In Ballot Application (English)
- Mail-In Ballot Application (Spanish)
- Mail-In Ballot Instructions (English)
- Mail-In Ballot Instructions (Spanish)
- Mail-in Ballot Opt-Out Form
- Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) (for all military and citizens living outside the U.S.)*
*Email FPCAs to [email protected] or fax to 973-285-5233
Primary Election Petitions & Signature Requirements
- Candidate Petition – County Offices (to be filed with County Clerk)
- Candidate Petition – Municipal Offices (to be filed with Municipal Clerk)
- Candidate Petition – County Committee (to be filed with Municipal Clerk)
General Election Petitions & Signature Requirements
- Candidate Petition – Independent (to be filed with County Clerk)